Teen Driving Log Frequently Asked Questions
The Teen Driving Log Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) page provides answers and solutions for commonly asked questions and issues related to the Teen Driving Log iPhone app.
I just got a new phone. Can I transfer the data?
Your data file should be transferred when you restore your new phone from a backup of your old device. Also see next question (how to transfer data).
How do I transfer data from one device to another device?
The way to share the data would to be to use iTunes sharing. You would copy the data file to your computer and then back to the other device. You then have to keep track of which device has the most recent copy of the data. Here is Apple’s link on how to use iTunes Sharing.
Do you support multiple users?
Not at this time. You can use the notes section to track a second driver. You would be able to sort when you export the log to a spreadsheet.
How do I print my driving log?
To print your driving log, follow the process below:
- Select the Settings option found in the bottom menu bar
- Select Backup
- Enter the email address where you want to send the file
- Click the Backup Now Button
- Select Send
- Open the email and select the file .csv file and print. If you don’t have Excel or similar program on your computer, we recommend using Google Sheets, a free worksheet reader found at: https://www.google.com/sheets/about
What do I do if I see a bunch of # signs in the Start Date and End Date fields when I open the .csv file?
For most spreadsheet readers, such as Excel and Google Sheets, you will need to make the column bigger.
To make the column bigger:
- Select the columns you want to make wider
- Click the right boundary of one of the columns you selected
- Double Click – If that doesn’t work, select the right boundary and hold down your left mouse button and drag your mouse to the right.